Local Group Assistant - North Shore
We are a looking for a Local Group Assistant for North Shore.
Part-time role: 8 hours a month.
Applications close: Monday 31 July 2023
Are you interested in self-advocacy for people with a learning (intellectual) disability?
People First North Shore is looking for an assistant to work alongside people with learning disability to:
- hold monthly meetings
- perform the functions of a committee
- encourage learning about self-advocacy
- assist members to represent their peers in community forums
- promote the local group within the community.
With your assistance, members will be able to:
- gain self-determination
- advocate for themselves
- develop leadership skills
- get involved in their community
- be a contributing member of New Zealand society.
For more information and to apply
For any questions and to apply, email Catherine Mu, Northern Region Coordinator: [email protected]